Thursday, June 15, 2006

An enoromous sense of well being...

Well, I survived my week at Download - riots n' all...! T'was a splendidly fun week, despite being insanely hard work, and somehow managing to not see the majority of bands playing...tho to be honest am not feeling this as such a great loss! The weather was fab, the hotel air conditioned and we've gathered an amusing anecdote or two along the way. The surrealness kicked off straight away upon arrival at the hotel, where B was asked by a man not dissimilar from the 'perfumed ponce' Irishman in Withnail & I whether he was 'not embarrassed to not have any badgers?' - or that's how we heard it anyway...the query became slightly clearer when we learned that the group we'd taken to be a party of swingers turned out to be a Kleeneze staff outing - rock n' roll!

But am now back in the throes of the office, with all our Hyde Park gigs looming large on the horizon, followed by nationwide outdoorsy stuff in various stately homes...

Fun as Download was, is also nice to be back in the lovely flat with its plethora of flatmates, all of whom welcomed me back warmly on Monday evening, aided and abetted by a couple of jugs of my secret recipe Pimms....

also been on feline feeding duty this week, which has resulted in daily walks across the park, which has reminded me how lucky we are to have it on our doorstep - the sun was glinting through the trees, ducks being ducky on the pond, children playing football and learning to ride bikes (ok, so a few of them were probably having a sneaky spliff behind a tree too, it is South East London after all, but you get the general idea....), so I have a renewed resolution to make more time for spending in the park.

And finally, it would seem I've become somewhat of a cult figure amidst one of the ticketing agencies we work with - they apparently love my name so much that whenever I send an email through they can't help but smile, and have written a song about me - I am awaiting my premiere audience of this when I meet them (for the first time) on Saturday...I'll keep you posted!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home