Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Feeling Old #57

A few days ago I received an email from somebody I haven't seen/heard from/spoken to in just under 10 years, which left me on a whole new level of feeling old. I've been coping quite well recently and joyously embracing my late-twentydom, including my (still solitary) white hair, despite feeling increasingly run down, and noticing my recovery time from excessively late/boozy nights is growing longer and longer with each passing month. I've let this pass, as, in my defence, because of the nature of my manically busy job, there have been an excessive number of excessive nights of late, and there's no near end in sight.

However, there's no escaping/excusing/justifying this one, as the email was an invitation to the ten (10) year reunion of my sixth form class. My initial reaction was to recount the years, because clearly there's been some mistake, and there's no way that much time can have passed. But indeed it has. So now I'm left with what I guess is the normal mix of curiousity/anticipation/dread that goes with the looming of such things. I've been horrifically bad at keeping in touch with my 6th form crowd, so I'm not going to have seen the majority of them for the full 10 years, which is a scary thought! But mostly I'm looking forward to it - will be great to catch up and compare lives etc...now I just have to figure out what to wear, buy hey, I've got til October!

1 Comments:

Blogger Lizzy said...

Come jogging with me - 3 or 4 times a week, 7.15am, twice round the park, feel as fit as a fiddle.
No excuses - I live a rock and roll life.
Come on....
xx

12:16 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home