Sunday, January 22, 2006

reading update (for jimbob's info)

The book choice was made, and for the past week or so I have been reading 'A Land of Two Halves' by Joe Bennett, which was left in by flat by the visiting winchursts, and is a witty and intelligent account of his experiences hitch-hiking around New Zealand - I now feel nicely prepped for my trip! Interspersed with this I have been reading a collection of short stories called 'Runaway' by Alice Munro, which I'd forgotten I'd picked up at JFK back in November, and whilst not being quite as entertaining as Joe Bennet, is enjoyable reading nonetheless.

These combined should keep me going until next week, when I'm allowed to start the book I've been saving for my trip - Mrukami's Hard-boiled Wonderland and the End of the World.


PS - thanks for reccommendations - have read both 'Lovely Bones' and 'Lucky' by Sebold, but not the other 2 you mentioned, so will def give them a try next time!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sleeps til New Zealand flight: 9

4 Comments:

Blogger purplemafling said...

Catster. Go and see those lovely whales in Kaikoura and swim with the dolphins..... be prepared to drown and look very silly in wetsuit. Books to take: The Wind up Bird Chronicle by Murakami and Oracle Night by Paul Auster. Back on Saturday hurrah!!

11:15 am  
Blogger Lizzy said...

Ohhhh, The Wind Up Bird Chronicle is my next book.
How exciting.
xxxx

7:52 pm  
Blogger Catster said...

Don't worry - am def still going to Kaikoura!
Have read Wind Up Bird already - infact it was the very first Murakami book I ever read!
Hurrah for Saturday!

xxx

10:27 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lovely bones.. i just love that book by alice sebold :)..

8:40 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home