Friday, December 30, 2005

well I hope everybody has had a very fabulous christmas. I've had the most incredible time, working on the Crisis Open Christmas shelter, which this year was in the London Arena. Its been a tremendous experience, I've met so many amazing people, had lots of fun, felt very christmassy and learned how to be a sound engineer - to the extent that it would now seem that I am working as ASM/engineer on at least 2 summer festivals and possibly other things too!

Glen Tilbrook on my stage!

The whole experience was amazing, humbling and educational and I shall definitely be there again next year (if they'll have me!)

And so Christmas officially came to an end today, as the shelter closed and the get out got under way, and I find myself left with a slightly lost feeling, as I rejoin the 'real world'...

Am spending new year working on a children's show at soj, which I have to say isn't my top preference for a way to spend new year, but hey, its providing spending money for my trip to new zealand next month!

So, as I have to be in Hammersmith for 8am tomorrow, I think this is my end of year message, so I hope you all have a very happy new year, and I shall be back in 2006!

2 Comments:

Blogger Lizzy said...

I kept hold of my Xmas Ferrero Rochers as long as poss but I fear they will all go later today.
Totally thrilled you ahd such a good time.
Happy New Year.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

3:30 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cat dear, if you get as far as NZ and want to come to perth in oz you are welcome here in our guest room..happy new year

karenxxgabriel

11:37 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home