Monday, February 27, 2006

Grey Matters

So, I was conducting my usual work day getting up routine (which goes something along the lines of: Stay in bed until last possible moment - realise going to be late and panic - make coffee - leap into shower - dry, dress, wave brush at hair - gulp down coffee - run for bus) when all was thrown into disarray...

For those of you who have previously smirked humouringly at my 'I'm getting old' bemoaning, well, today I discovered my first bona fide ...grey hair...and it was not a joyous discovery! I say grey, but this thing is dazzlingly white - whiter than newly fallen snow, than purest milk, than...um...a very white thing (you get the picture) and not only that, but it has chosen to protrude in what can only be described as a jaunty manner across my forehead.

Which leaves me with the quandary of what to do next...do I pull it out, only to risk the myth that 2 will grow back in its place being true?? do I have to start buying 'covers grey naturally' hair dye?? should I just accept that I'm growing old (dis)gracefully?? Should I pay heed to P.G. Wodehouse?? Or should I just ignore it and stop over re-acting...?!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

if the 'two grow in its place' thing was true, pulling your hair out would be a cure for baldness.

As it is, my hair's about 30% grey, which I like cos it means I can dye it pretty colours without having to use nasty bleach on it first! So see it as a blessing, and find some lovely non-animal-tested colour stuffs to put on it.

1:47 pm  
Blogger Lizzy said...

Mascara.
Listen to me - I know.
x

8:44 pm  
Blogger jazzshark said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:50 am  
Blogger jazzshark said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:52 am  
Blogger jazzshark said...

Catster, don't do anything at all, because it sounds like you are going to get a wonderful Susan Sontag stripe! In which case I will be very jealous.

12:58 am  
Blogger jimbobwoof said...

I shave my head to get that Natalie Portman "V for Vendetta" look. It works. Listen to me - I know.

Don't grow a beard though - the grey really comes through

9:27 am  
Blogger purplemafling said...

Pull it out and any others that follow is my advice.....and welcome home!

3:53 pm  
Blogger alissimo said...

ok cat, i haven't yet turned 21 and I have THREE. THREE! for christs sake!

9:24 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home