Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Question of the day [edit]

due to comments so far, I feel I need to (reticently) add a third rule in, so as to keep things concurrent with the aforementioned cigarette break discussion...

3. by animal, we predominantly mean land living mammals/marsupials/ungulates, but not really insects...

altough wasps are rather pointy, clearly...!

not sure about stick insects tho, as if you look at the actual definition of pointy, I'm not sure they are really. more sticky... tho lovely description mr knuckles, whoever you may be - why's your profile blocked, most enigmatic!

so further pointy animal answers please!

7 Comments:

Blogger Lizzy said...

Totally misread it - thought you said whta's the point?
Very ashamed.
xxx

9:06 am  
Blogger jimbobwoof said...

People who go around saying "what's that?" all the time and pointing with their digits. I find them very irritating and pointless, despite their pointfullness

9:39 am  
Blogger jazzshark said...

Amphioxus, a common name that means 'double-' (amphi-) 'pointed' (oxus), or the 'double-pointed' animals. Not many people know that.
x

3:59 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Amphioxus" is a good one! but sadly they live in the sea and thus contravene the Catster's rules.

I'm the other person from her fag break, by the way. Not just a nosy passer-by. Oddly enough it was my mother who came up with the idea of pointy animals. I'll have to conduct a thorough search of her bathroom cabinet next time I'm round there.

4:52 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't there a breed of Dog called a "pointer"? Does that count or am I just making it up as I go along.......!!?? Kx

7:26 pm  
Blogger jimbobwoof said...

Not many people know that collecting beer mats is called Tegestology. Beer mats, as quite a lot of people know, are very un-pointy. In fact they one of the most unamphioxus things in the world, without actually being a perfect circle (which some attempt to be)

9:49 pm  
Blogger Big Buzzard said...

Seems Kate and I are of similar mind. Though in this list of characteristics, pointiness is conspicuous by its absence.

10:23 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home