Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Rain, BBQ's and Madonna

Well, its been a hectic week once again! Had a lovely relaxed dinner at MG's last Thursday, where I was updated on the art of cat sitting. Friday and Saturday were spent quietly in with the flatmates in a plethora of card playing antics, and then it was off to a BBQ at A's on Sunday evening. Those of you London based, or who have read HD's blog recently, will no doubt be experiencing memories of large claps of thunder and torrential downpours at this point, and yes, that about sums it up! But we bravely BBQ's on regardless, with the aid of a couple of large marquees, whilst being kept warm by the glow of many a 'psycho' cocktail, which were handmade and delivered to me in a seemingly endless supply by Mark's fair hand, and a fine time was had by all! On Monday morning I immediately realised the drawback of getting exceedingly drunk at your deputy line manager's party on a 'school night' - i.e. there is no way you can possibly phone in sick on order to stay in bed and recover from the stinking hangover you have procured....dammit. So I struggled on regardless, and was sufficently back to normal health yesterday - so much so that I somehow ended up taking FMB to the Madonna concert at Wembley last night. Now, not being an obsessed fan, and never having seen her live before (except for Live8 last year) I wasn't sure what to expect, but I was generally quite pleasantly surprised. The production, choreography and dancers were absolutely amazing, and I was mightily impressed - not least because of the giant glitter ball! However, and apologies to all you avid fans, I have to say I wasn't blown away by her actual performance, and I didn't think her voice sounded that great, and she really just looked silly trying to play a guitar! I did have a fun evening tho, and had a little sing-a-long with a few of the old classics, but I think I'd have come out slightly disappointed if I'd actually had to part with money for the experience... Some pics will follow when I've had a chance to upload!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, for those kind of prices, I'd like to see her actually get some guitar lessons, rather than mime to a minidisc of someone else playing guitar. :o)

...and she'd be shit at a recycle gig!

1:59 pm  
Blogger purplemafling said...

Absolutely agree. Just saw the big M in Dusseldorf and felt exactly the same. Was wowed by the Arena and the dancers more than her I'm afraid....

9:48 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home